Mr. (Bulk) Soaker Hose Review:
A good soaker hose that delivers as advertised.
Keeping a yard or garden can be a fun and therapeutic activity. If you are like me, you probably spend a lot of time with your plants and flowers too. However, when the heat of the summer season comes in, it can be difficult to keep your yard or garden green. Fortunately, there are soaker hoses available that you can use to maintain the beauty and health of your plants.
Introduction of Mr. (Bulk) Soaker Hose
This hose allows users to water their plants with ease and convenience. It is ideal for watering systems. Having been made from recycled materials, specifically thirty percent polyethylene and seventy percent rubber, it is environmentally friendly.
In addition, it does not have any fitting in the hose. You can customize your water system by cutting your hose into your desired length. Keep in mind that the GPH increases when the length decreases. While it is ideal to use the standard size, it is up to you to choose a size that you think suits your needs best.
Likewise, it is ideal to use a standard compression fitting. Such compression fitting fits over the top of the soaker hose to allow more water to flow. You will get much better results with using a compression fitting than with simply inserting a fitting into a hose.
Also, you should take note that hoses should only be used on flat surfaces that do not exceed a two feet rise over one hundred feet. You should also never forget to use a good regulator with your soaker hose. This way, you can effectively use your soaker hose at low pressures.
You should also use a mesh screen filter to prevent clogging. You can also use a soaker hose calcium filter if the area you are working on has hard water. If you want an even flow, you should make a loop in your system.
Pros vs. Cons
The following are the pros and cons of this hose that you might want to take note of:
Dimensions & Specifications
Mr. (Bulk) Soaker Hose
Mr. Soaker Hose
Mr. Soaker Hose
100 feet, 250 feet, 500 feet
Inside Diameter (inch)
18 x 18 x 6 inches,
Flow Rate (gph)
224 gallons per hour per 100',
Burst Strength (psi)
Features and Benefits
Mr. Soaker hoses are great because they are functional, reasonably priced, and easy to use. They are ideal for home gardens and backyards. As you know, gardens typically require about an inch of water weekly to survive. Using a soaker hose will ensure that your plants and flowers are watered properly.
With Mr. Soaker hoses, you can create a customized layout that best suits your needs and preferences. You can use your hose to prevent any foundation damage as well as for trees.
You do not have to worry about not finding a soaker hose that is right for your garden or yard. There are plenty of models available online. So, even if you cannot go outside, you can always order the right soaker hose for you.
Tips for Using the Mr. (Bulk) Soaker Hose
- When using your Mr. Soaker hose, you should always use a compression fitting that fits over your hose or tubing. Remember that barb fittings inside typically reduce flow rate.
- You should also remember that the length of your soaker hose should be just right to avoid uneven watering. Ideally, you should not go over a hundred feet. You can also create a watering system in which a loop is created so that you can water your plants and flowers evenly. The same result can be achieved if you lay out your hose horizontally in a sloped bed instead of up and down a hill.
- To achieve best results, you should use your soaker hose on the surface of the ground. You can also cover the ground with a layer of mulch. Don’t forget to use a mesh filter, especially if you are using water from a well. This would prevent particle clogging in the pores of your tubing. You may also want to install a back flow preventer so that you can prevent dirty water from backing up through your hose into your supply of drinking water.
- While you can water your plants at any time of the day, watering them in the morning is most ideal. This would allow for maximum water efficiency.
- You should also water your plants deeply three times a week.
- Since you are using a soaker hose, you have to maintain a low pressure. You can use a pressure regulator to help you control the maximum water pressure.
Mr. (Bulk) Soaker Hose Reviews
Mr. Soaker Hose has impressed users from all over the country. Here are some of the most notable customer reviews:
If you want to consider alternatives to Mr. Soaker Hose, you can check out the following hoses:
This hose is best for growing crops. It comes with an EZ-connect system and is regarded as a master of the “Root Zone”. It helps users reduce their water bills significantly.
This hose has amazing features and is made from rubber. It also has metal fits as its ends. It is great for watering plants and trees.
This hose can water your entire garden. It can actually water up to one mile even with just a regular pressure. It has very thick walls, so it can water more efficiently and break down less.
Mr. Soaker hoses are easy to install and use. They are also affordable, functional, and customizable. You can create a watering system for your yard or garden. When you purchase from Mr. Soaker Hose, you will also benefit from excellent customer service as well as avail a warranty for your hose. So, if you are looking for a good soaker hose, you should consider getting this product.